Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

DIY Christmas Bulbs

While shopping in Hobby Lobby I couldn't help but keep walking past the clear Christmas bulbs. I was literally brainstorming ideas about what I could do with those and how I could make them unique. I was frantically pacing around for about two hours chicking out Pinterest and then it hit me...

I have these old (really old) Little Golden Books at home and I thought hmmm. I could rip pieces of those up add some Modge Podge and wallah handmade, unique Christmas ornaments. Right? Well to my luck my big idea actually worked out as planned in my head (which never usually turns out how I imagine)

Supplies:
Old Christmas books, or scrapbook paper of your choice
Bulbs/ornaments of your choice (I love the big bulbs best and they are easier to work with)
Modge Podge
ribbon
peanut butter cap (to set your bulb on while creating)
glitter (if desired)



Step 1: Rip up paper. Try to do this freely it looks better when you don't try to get specific images

Step 2: Paint Modge Podge on back of paper. I discovered it works better to get it very "doused" (is that a word) that way it sticks better

Step 3: Place/smooth into position. If your peices are too big they look wrinkly or can even rip. Make sure they aren't too big so this doesn't happen to you because man oh man it's frustrating

Step 4: Add another layer of Modge Podge over top to give extra coverage. I like to add more Modge Podge than necessary. I think it looks nice (gives a nice finish) and just meshes the pieces together better. 

Step 5: Attach a pretty ribbon and hang to let dry!

No comments: