Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thoughtful, Cheap, Cute B-day Presents

So tomorrow is my Mom's b-day. She will be 30 (wink, wink ;) I like to keep my Mom feeling young so I'm getting her gifts to keep her "youthful". With the holidays so close to her birthday she usually doesn't get as much for her birthday as someone would with a birthday not close to the holidays.

I fully intend to embrace her 30'th birthday with cake, balloons, cards, presents and the whole shebang. My mom appreciates more homeade gifts than anything so I thought I could whip up a few of her favorite things.

She is really into baking lately, especially cupcakes, so I thought this would be the perfect gift. Instead of spending lots of money on gifts I plan on spending more money on the other things I mentioned, such as cake, balloons, dinner...) Along with this cute little cupcake gift box I am adding a mini muffin tin (which she has also been dying to have) It was honestly difficult to find! You wouldn't think finding a mini muffin tin would be hard to find but it was. Luckily I found one at one of my favorite stores, Hobby Lobby.

My mom loves taking baths. I thought instead of buying her bath soaps that have harsh toxins in them I would create some of my own bath fizzies. These are so cute for gift giving and they are actually useful! I saw them on MarthaStewart.com and just had to try them. To my surprise they actually worked! Find out how to make them yourself here




No comments: