Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Homeade Popsicle Recipe

There is nothing better than a glass of wine after a long day of work. There is something about wine that takes the stress out of life, maybe its the relaxation part, the taste or the effect of wine;) Whatever it is, it works!I love my white wines and am not a huge fan of dry, bitter, dark wines. I like the occasional sweet red glass every once in a blue moon but the sweet wine is like sweet dessert after dinner...mmmm.

 What better way to incorporate wine and fruit into a Popsicle? I have been monitoring the foods I eat and my health so I have been trying to cut back on high fructose corn syrup and processed foods. I have been making everything home-Ade with ingredients I trust and that are organic. While on my health search I found these Popsicles. So here is the recipe I hope you enjoy!

 Fig and Clementine Port Wine Pop tail
Makes eight 2-and-1/4-oz. Popsicles
 2 cups of port wine (or any dry fruity variety will work)
2 lbs clementine tangerines
1 1/2 lb figs ¼ cup honey
 1. Place wine, clementine tangerines, figs and honey in a food processor or blender and process or blend until pureed, about 1-2 minutes. Pour mixture through a medium strainer.
 2. Pour strained mixture into Popsicle forms and freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a Popsicle stick upright. Insert Popsicle sticks and finish freezing Popsicles overnight. To release Popsicles run hot water on the outside of Popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.

No comments: